Scuba Diver Certification Course
Scuba diver is the NAUI entry-level scuba certification course. It provides the fundamental knowledge and skills to scuba dive. Upon successful completion of this course, graduates are considered competent to engage in open water diving activities without supervision, provided the diving activities and the areas dived approximate those of training.
- Age minimum of 10 years old, familiarity with basic snorkeling or swimming skills
- Able to swim
- 1 three-hour classroom session
- One-on-one academic workshop (up to 2 hours) upon request
- A minimum of 4 three-hour pool sessions
- A minimum of 6 open-water boat dives in 2 trips at the Channel Islands
- Textbook and e-learning home study
- Small class size
- Guidance of a Dive Master, Assistant Instructor, and/or a Safety Diver in addition to Instructors
- Usage of: Buoyancy Compensator Device, Regulator Set, Depth gauge, Pressure Gauge, Air Tank, and Weight Belt
- Transportation and cleaning of your rental equipment for all diving activities
- 13-feet deep Junior Olympic-sized Lifeguard-staffed heated Pool
- NAUI Certification Card
- Private two-hour 1-on-1 appointment for equipment fitting
- Student discount of 15% on all equipment purchases
- Student Medical Coverage (for any injuries while dive training - including slips & falls) up to $25,000
And of course, Ocean Safari Dive Team’s unparalleled service and fun.
Students responsible for:
- Skin diving equipment
- Textbook and e-learning package
- Boat fee.