- Identify the marine creatures that become visible at low tide
- Discover all the nooks and crannies where organisms hide
- Find and discuss edible seaweeds
- Learn about the ecological factors that make tidepools unique
- Practice beach/rocky shore safety analysis techniques
- Visit the ocean, gain knowledge, and enjoy healthy meal together!
- Expect to get your feet wet, and wade in up to 1 ft of water
- You may get splashed/sprayed by the waves
- The beach is very rocky and slippery
- No dogs allowed on the beach
- A fun, educational trip hosted by the Ocean Safari team
- Expert marine biologist to guide the experience
- Light meal and drink
- Reusable cup (for provided drink)- Sturdy, protective footwear
- Rubber/neoprene booties (such as dive booties) are highly recommended.
- Dive booties rentals available for $3 from Ocean Safari. Please reply to this email with shoe size if you need to borrow.
- No flip flops please
- Keen sandals or other sturdy closed-toe sandals with rubber soles okay
- Full water bottle
- Flashlight (waterproof one is best)
- Plastic bag for trash, wet items, etc.
- Sun protection (sunhat, sun screen).
- Gloves (rocks are sharp!) (optional)
- Notebook (optional)
- Camera (optional)
Sign Up Today! Call Ocean Safari at 626-287-6283