Upcoming Eco Trips
Theme: Arbor Day/Earth Day Hike
Destination: Vetter Mountain
When: Sunday, April 25, 2021
Skill Level: ALL
- We will be hiking to Vetter Mountain Fire Outlook in the Charlton Flats Area of the Angeles National Forest.
- Meet at Ocean Safari at 6:50 am
- Return to Shop 1:00 pm
- Forest Adventure Pass required for each vehicle, OSDT has two passes for our group
- Please bring items listed under "Day Hike" in Know Before You Go section of the confirmation email
Trip Cost: $38
What to Expect:
- Parts of the trail is paved, dirt, and rocky.
- We will be hiking at an elevation of 5000ft. (not too high)
- Temperature is expected to be 50-60°F and might be windy. Please dress accordingly.
- The trail can be narrow (single track) in some parts
- There is about 600 ft elevation net gain and loss, and we will be hiking about 5 miles round trip. (Mostly easy).
- We will provide a small meal and drink that we'll eat together at the destination
- We will be walking and stopping to talk often.
- There may not be cell phone service up in the mountains, please notify anyone who might need to get in contact with you