Southern Sea of Cortez & Cabo Pulmo Dive Expedition 2019
Join us for an unforgettable journey in one of the most biodiverse waters in the world, which Jacques Cousteau called “The Aquarium of the World.” The Sea of Cortez is home to 891 reef fish species, 90 of which are found nowhere else in the world. We’ll venture to the best that sites in the southern Sea of Cortez, such as the Suwanee Reef, La Reina, Las Animas, Cerralvo Island, and wreck of the ferry Salvatierra, all of which are teeming with life. We will explore areas that cannot be accessed via day trips from La Paz, where only very few liveaboards journey to. Recently the shark and manta population have recovered, so we will have a chance to see the big marine life as well. Cabo Pulmo marine park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and is the home to the Pacific’s easternmost barrier reef - the only coral reef in Baja California. The local village helped this unique ecosystem from overfishing and desolation, and now is a rebounding reef home to over 235 fish species and hundreds more species of marine invertebrates and mammals. You will not believe your eyes when you see the explosion of marine diversity and astounding density of fish amongst the colorful reefs! You are sure to encounter some of the largest schools of fish you’ve ever seen, as well as sea lions, sharks, and mantas. We’ve planned our trip for the best season to dive in the Sea of Cortez, when the water temperatures are over 80 degrees Fahrenheit and visibility is over 100 feet!
We will spend 6 days and 5 nights on the newest member of the Nautilus Liveaboard fleet, the Gallant Lady. This American built, Broward luxury yacht is 116 feet long and hosts just 12 guests, providing a spacious feeling while also allowing crew members to provide an extra personal touch. This vessel is also equipped with a 1700 horsepower Caterpillar engine and hydraulic stabilizers, allowing for a high-speed and comfortable voyage to further distances and hard to reach dive sites. With gourmet meals in a wrap-around view dining hall, spacious dive deck, hot tub, sun deck, crow’s nest (lookout tower), and individually controlled A/C in each suite, this is the best diving liveaboard in North America.
October 30 (Wed): Fly from LAX to Cabo San Lucas. Stay overnight at a 5-star hotel.
October 31 (Thurs): Meet expedition team at Cabo Dive Center in the morning, check out dive. Board the Nautilus Gallant Lady, depart for Sea of Cortez, 1 dive in the afternoon.
November 1~3 (Fri~Sun): Explore the best of southern Sea of Cortez, where few people have the opportunity of diving, since they are impossible to get to on a day trip from La Paz. See the beautiful Sea of Cortez reefs, have a chance of seeing mantas and sharks.
November 4 (Mon): Dive at Cabo Pulmo, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Opportunity to see sharks, huge schools of fish, and an explosion of marine diversity.
November 5 (Tues): Disembark and say farewell to the Nautilus Gallant Lady and her crews. Fly back to LAX in the evening.
- One night hotel at Cabo San Lucas (based on double occupancy)
- Roundtrip airport to harbor transfer
- 6 day, 5 nights liveaboard accommodation aboard the newly launched, Nautilus Gallant Lady - the best diving liveaboard in North America
- Suites include luxurious 600-thread count Egyptian sheets, individually controlled A/C, private bathroom with shower
- Daily room service & towels
- Three gourmet meals each day, along with snacks and non-alcoholic drinks throughout
- 18~20 dives (2-4 dives daily) off dive skiffs in the beautiful Sea of Cortez guided by in-water divemasters
- Air, tanks and weights
- Hot tub, sun deck, sky lounge, and crow’s nest on board
- Fast speeds with 1700 hp Caterpillar engine
- Mexican 5% IVA tax
- Escort by Ocean Safari professional dive leader/photographer with unparalleled service
- International airfare
- Onboard satellite Wi-Fi
- Onboard telecommunications
- Onboard alcoholic beverages
- Port Fee $65
- Travel and dive insurance (diving insurance is required)
- Crew Gratuities
Costs: (based on Double Occupancy)
- Premium Suite: $3288 (2 spots)
- Superior Suites: $2768 (10 spots)
PAYMENT DUE DATE
$600 superior, $800 premium
$1000 superior, $1200 premium
Jan 30, 2019
June 30, 2019
For credit card payment please add 3%
(trip insurance is available thru Ocean safari, please ask)
Before Jan 30, 2019, 1st deposit forfeited, no refund on first deposit.
After Jan 30, 2019, 1st and 2nd deposit forfeited (unless replacement can be found then 1st deposit forfeited).
After June 30, 2019, no refund (unless replacement can be found then 1st deposit forfeited).